AI Opportunity Report 2018: Which Industries Are Investing in AI? Which Ones Should Be?
Optimized Workforce surveyed more than 10,000 U.S. workers to understand the AI technologies they work with today and the technologies they will deploy in the coming year. This report presents an industry-by-industry breakdown of the technologies in place at the department level — by technology type — and presents detailed, task-level findings on how employees spend their time and how much of that time is likely to be automated through AI and similar technologies.
This document, AI Opportunity Report 2018: Which Industries Are Investing in AI? Which Ones Should Be? focuses on AI penetration and expected investment by industry, drilling down to the types of AI being deployed commercially and the degree to which workers are presently exposed to the AI that is available. Additionally, this report takes a task-based approach to quantify the efficiencies AI can bring to each industry and the dollar-value of these efficiencies.
Key findings include:
- Nearly one-third of U.S. workers are engaging with some form of AI today.
- Document classification and document creation technologies lead AI adoption.
- The Construction industry is most aggressive with AI deployment
- AI vendors could bring nearly $900 billion in efficiency to the U.S. economy this year (nearly 15% of payroll)
- Nearly 19% of workers are missing business goals due to tasks that AI could automate
Total Pages: 24